Sunday, January 15, 2017

Life Goals: Attend QualityJam

One thing I wanted to do this year was attend QualityJam, QASymphony's annual user conference that talks "about the future of software quality" and other software testing topics. Unfortunately, the lack of funds prohibits me from attending this year. The conference spans two days – usually Tuesday and Wednesday – in April. I priced everything out, including: round-trip flight from Cleveland, three-day hotel stay, conference registration, transportation, and entertainment. All told, everything would come out to around $2,500.00 to $3,000.00 for roughly three days.

I priced out a Monday morning or early afternoon flight down and a Thursday morning flight back. I wanted flights outside of the actual conference dates to have a chance to decompress and explore the area where I would be staying. I would be checking into the Westin Buckhead hotel in Atlanta on Monday afternoon and leaving on Thursday morning.

But, whatever. At least I know how much I would need to save for next year and add this to my list of goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment