Thursday, January 12, 2017

Long-term Wish


The map above is a typical layout for a new complex of townhome apartments that recently opened up not far from me. This is very close to my ideal home layout, as everything more or less flows in an order that makes sense to me. If I had the means and wherewithal, I would build a house that matches this layout.

There are a few things I would change, though:
  • Change the walk-in closet of the master bedroom to a closet similar to the second bedroom and use the space gained to add a shower to the en suite wash room.
  • Add windows to the bathrooms.
  • Eliminate the fireplace.
  • If I had the yard space, I'd add a small sunroom off the dining room (10' x 10').
  • I would also add access to a patio in the back yard via a sliding door in the sunroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment